Living To Roam is committed to providing you with the best possible user experience and doing so in a safe, secure and professional manner. Living To Roam is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) [Australia], which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals. Put simply, in order for us to operate our business and website properly, there are occasions where it is necessary to collect or process personal information (data) about you.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that Living To Roam complies with both Australian and international data protection and privacy laws, like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and all personal data that is collected or processed is held safely and securely and is only used for the appropriate purpose and held for the appropriate amount of time.
Overview of what constitutes personal information
- Information provided to us by you directly, such as your name or email address when filling out an online form, sending us a message on our contact page or the minimum required information in order to complete a purchase of one of our products
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your computer’s Internet browser when you visit our website, such as your IP address, which browser you are using (eg. Google Chrome, Safari, etc) and which type of device you are using (eg. desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.)
- Information collected in relation to your usage of our website or products, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit the website, etc.
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to some Living To Roam pages and features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, email address, IP address or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password. This is typically only necessary if you are a customer of one of Living To Roam‘s online courses.
The collection of personal information is only completed when necessary. Information is neither stored nor collected if it is not required for Living To Roam to carry out its duties as a business and in providing reasonable service to website users and customers.
Sharing and the security of your personal information
We may occasionally hire external companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or
The external companies that Living To Roam engages with for data processing include (but are not exclusively limited to) the use of a website host, email service provider, analytics service (Google Analytics), online course delivery software, lead generation software and others. All appropriate measures have been taken to ensure that these external companies are also compliant with Australian and international data protection and privacy laws (like the ‘GDPR’).
Security precautions are taken in relation to both sharing personal information with these external companies and with Living To Roam’s internal data security measures. No personal data is stored on portable devices, system logins are kept secure and all files containing sensitive data are password protected. Https and SSL certificates are also used on this website to ensure a secure web environment.
Use of your personal information
As mentioned above in ‘the overview’, for each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this site. We also use Google Analytics for the purpose of data analysis and improving our user experience.
Your information is held securely in our website database and it is not accessible to any individuals or
Living To Roam operates a subscription newsletter service which website visitors must positively opt-in to receive. If at any time a website visitor does not wish to receive the newsletter anymore an ‘unsubscribe’ link is contained in each email which will result in no further communication other than to inform that unsubscription has been successful. A user of this website, you will never be subscribed to an email list operated by Living To Roam without your prior, positive consent as per GDPR regulations.
We also use a Pinterest Tag to track how many visitors we receive from Pinterest. If you are a Pinterest user and do not want this tracking to take place, please either use your web browser’s Do Not Track feature or update your Pinterest settings by following this link.
Your rights to your personal information
If you have provided us with personal information (eg. completed an online form or purchased a product) you have certain rights that you may exercise with regards to this personal information.
- You have the right to be informed of when your personal information is being collected and how it is being used by us
- You have the right to ask if your personal information is being processed by us and the right to an answer from us in a reasonable time frame – at little or no cost to you
- You have the right to correct or complete any or all of your personal information entries, including personal information that is shared with a third party data processor
- Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request removal of your personal information from Living To Roam
- Under specific circumstances (found under Section 2, Article 17 of the GDPR), you have the right to request a block on the processing of your personal information from Living To Roam
- You have the right to request and reuse your personal information for your own purposes anywhere you want by transferring it across different IT environments
- You have the right to object to the use of your personal information and make a case that Living To Roam does not need the personal information it is processing in order to perform its business function
Like many businesses, we use Facebook and Instagram occasionally for commercial advertising purposes and part of that usage may result in the placement of cookies on your computer. This cookie placement is completed by Facebook and helps us to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns that are completed and delivered using either Facebook or Instagram.
If you are not logged into Facebook or Instagram when visiting our site from either your computer or your mobile device, then it is not possible for any personal information to be collected – because of this, we do not specifically ask you for your consent.
If you are logged into Facebook or Instagram when visiting our site from either your computer or your mobile device, then Facebook will record your visit to Living To Roam within their own systems. We do not have any access to this personal information as this sharing is completed between Facebook and you (not us), which you will have consented to within your Facebook profile settings. The information that is then shared with us from Facebook is
You can also exercise a degree of control over the advertising you encounter on both Facebook and Instagram. You may opt-out of interest-based advertising by following the steps contained in this article.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
In order to comment on a blog post on Living To Roam, you may need to create an account with Disqus, a third-party tool that is popular amongst many websites that allow blog comments. By creating and/or logging into Disqus while viewing a blog post on this website, your personal log-in details are not shared with us and no personal data is collected or stored internally. Disqus may, however, share your IP address with us after your comment is approved. This does not personally identify you in any way.
Please note that Living To Roam contains some links to other websites. Living To Roam is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site that you read the privacy statements of each web site that might collect personally identifying information.